5:36pm (54 notes)
in today’s incredibly weird, stupid, up-and-down news:
1. i am immensely hungover after going out for the first and basically only time since I started learning to code (see above photo). I went with my roommates and another friend to a dance night in the basement of Jacques drag bar, where I got so wasted I thought it was appropriate to sift through the dj’s italo disco collection and tell him that he “needed better shit”. I sent a text that only said “Ya jerk” to someone I stored in my phone as “Nope” (who replied that they would snapchat me?????) then fell asleep on the couch mid-pearl jam-xbox-karaoke and woke up at 7am on the corner of the couch sharing a blanket with my friend Moira, in spite of the fact that my bed was in the same house.
2. found out my friend Jordan went missing and cried,
2a. then I found out he was found four days later
2b. and as soon as he was found he started posting in the subreddit for trapmuzik
3. I learned about a magic card which is powerful, but the artist who designed the card is an extreme white supremacist (the card is in line with these ideals, only for.. blue.. magic card.. supremacy?)
4. boyfriend is very nice to me
6. my mother has somehow developed acute mitral regurgitation (a leaky heart valve) and will go in for major surgery next week, but no one wanted to tell me so as not to distract from my schoolwork (forgot to mention that my family is made up entirely of pricks)
7. over the course of the last two months of learning programming - forgetting to eat, walking to and from school, not drinking, not sleeping or being able to keep up with refilling and regularly taking my lupus medications - I have lost 12 lbs and my body fucking hates me. considering my illness(es), I guess i’m doing incredibly well? I mean, I’m not back on chemo or anything.
8. these are a lot of things
9. I will probably delete this later
10. there is a movie called “white t” available on Netflix instant that has the byline “big dreams, big seams”.
8:28pm (17 notes)
Epee Du Bois - Misery
Minimal Wave / U.S. / 2010
10:03am (544 notes)
Joel Watson is the original author of the webcomic question and answers I responded to in an aggressive way a few weeks ago. He writes and illustrates the webcomic “Hijinks Ensue” and lives in Dallas, Texas in the U.S. In his responses to other people’s defense of some of my points he…